Thursday, April 7, 2011

X is for…




X-Files, Witches and the paranormal
It all started with Samantha on Bewitched, A wiggle of her nose and I was hooked. In grade school I even did a paper on the Salem Witch Trials. While I don't believe it is real, I am still fascinated by it. My TV and movie viewing have primarily consisted of the following: Charmed (3 sister witches), Supernatural (2 gorgeous brother demon hunters), Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie both had housewife witches, X-files (pursuit of the paranormal), Harry Potter (teenage wizards), Eastwick (3 friends that have special powers). Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Wizards of Waverly Place are shows about teenage wizards that my daughter now watches. From Bewitched to Harry Potter, I often wish I had my own magic wand. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of HP7!
See also: movies, Jensen & Jared

Xternal brain, aka my cell phone
My cell phone is an appendage I was not born with but now can't live without. It is always in my pocket wherever I go. I set reminders throughout the day, send messages to myself and make notes of things I want to remember, things I want to scrapbook and things I need to do. Simply put I use my cell phone as an external brain. I didn't get my first cell phone until I was 27 (paid for by my employer). It's a different world we live in now, my son got a cell phone at age 12 and I'm sure it won't be long before my daughter gets one. Technology is amazing and I love embracing the change it brings with it. I'm due for an upgrade and I hear the Droid X calling my name.
See also: gadget girl, ipod

This is one of many installments on the ABCs of Me's. Each week I will feature a different letter of the alphabet and a few corresponding entries on yours truly. This project was inspired by a class I took at Big Picture Classes (Me: The Abridged Version) which was based on a book called Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment