Thursday, December 23, 2010

I is for…






Irrational fears
I have certain things that just spook me out regardless of the situation. Perhaps I've watched too many scary movies, who knows? I still cannot sit with my feet dangling over the bed, I will not go in water I can't see through, When I walk up the stairs I always walk closest to the wall farthest from the railing, I would never purposely go into something where I could get stuck in a small space and I often have nightmares about being buried alive, drowning or someone stealing my kids. Fortunately, these thoughts are fleeting and not paralyzing.

iPod
I carry my iPod Touch everywhere I go. I use it for most everything from my calendar to my music, Summer's spelling lists, scrapbook page wish lists, grocery shopping lists, podcasts, and email. I've become addicted to podcasts, particulary the Paperclipping Roundtable & The Digi Show. I'm looking forward to getting a device to combine the functionality of my iPod & cell.
See also: Xternal brain, gadget girl, scrapbooking

Inside jokes & movie quotesWhy do bridges get icy before the roadway? Thanks for 'cooking Stace!' "Is it cool?" Adam Sandler movie quotes: "It's a CD player Jules." "all right y'all shut up now" "no Colonel Sanders you're wrong!" "Mama M-Mama M-Mama says crocodiles are ornery because they have all them teeth and no toothbrush", History of the World (Mel Brooks) quotes: " you are nuts - N-V-T-S - nuts", "I flunked flank", "I love quick time harch!" Keith doesn't like History of the World, so it's a good thing we have Adam Sandler.
See also: movies


This is one of many installments on the ABCs of Me's. Each week I will feature a different letter of the alphabet and a few corresponding entries on yours truly. This project was inspired by a class I took at Big Picture Classes (Me: The Abridged Version) which was based on a book called Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life.


Thanks for reading along - I'm celebrating my 100th post today!

No comments:

Post a Comment