Thursday, December 16, 2010

H is for…






Home
I have only lived in two states: NY & VA, but I've had many different addresses in each. I grew up on Fir Grove Road, the house my parents still live in. I've lived at Mary Washington College in Fredericksburg, VA while attending school there for four years. After college, I lived at home again for two years before Keith & I got our first apartment together in Centereach, NY where we lived for a year before moving to Virginia Beach. There we rented a townhome on English Court for a year before buying our first home on Peridot Drive in the Rock Creek Subdivision of Virginia Beach . After living there for several years we decided to open our own business so we moved back to Long Island. We didn't realize how hard it would be to find a temporary rental because we had two big dogs and ended up living with my parents for about a year before we found a rental. We first rented a cute house in South Sayville. Unfortunately, the owner decided to sell it so we had to move a year later. The only thing we could find was this ridiculously small 2 bedroom house that was about 100 years old. It's saving grace was close proximity to the office and a nice porch. When we first moved in we only had Bryce, but shortly afterwards we got pregnant with Summer. Since Bryce was due to start kindergarten a few months after Summer's arrival, we decided it was time to buy a house. We ended up buying a house in my hometown, also convenient to the office and only 3 miles from my parents' house. {Most definitely the most-missed feature of our newest residence}. We lived in our Joan Street house for five years and decided it was too expensive to live on Long Island anymore and moved to Spotsylvania, VA where we've been since 2007. I'm hoping that Silver Creek Court will be our address for a while.

See also: apartment, our first

This is one of many installments on the ABCs of Me's. Each week I will feature a different letter of the alphabet and a few corresponding entries on yours truly. This project was inspired by a class I took at Big Picture Classes (Me: The Abridged Version) which was based on a book called Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment