Friday, December 24, 2010

December Daily: Day 4

Journaling reads:
On our way out of town to go to Keith’s Christmas party in Roanoke we passed the newly finished overpass at Mary Wash – I still find it more than slightly amusing that I ended up living in my college town!  Taking pictures on the way to Roanoke, we saw a speed limit sign that said 70 miles per hour,  Keith said he had never seen one and neither had I so of course I had to take a picture. Since he was driving and I had just gotten my new laptop, I wanted to document me happily scrapbooking the whole way, hence the picture of my reflection in the laptop. Once we went over the mountains it started snowing like crazy… almost total white out conditions, so weird! The mountains were so pretty to see, very nice views from the road in every direction. It was a very relaxing and quiet trip with no kids on board.  Since we were alone, I had to set up the timer to take a picture of us – we had such a good time hanging out alone together, it was the first time in a very  long time and it was wonderful.  The lobby of the Hotel Roanoke was amazingly decorated in all reds and golds with multiple Christmas trees all around, the snow falling outside was just icing on the cake. We saw a cool train roundtable which my Dad would love so Keith stopped so I could get close ups of the engines. We even stopped at a scenic overlook on the way home. Although we were only gone for a little over 24 hours, it was a wonderful re-charge for both of us.
2010 DD Day 4 2 pg
Merry Christmas Eve, I hope Santa brings you lots of goodies!
December Daily challenge
Templates & overlays: Ali Edwards, Cardstock: Atomic Cupcake, Patterned Paper & word strips: Katie Pertiet

No comments:

Post a Comment