Friday, December 17, 2010

December not-so-Daily

I’ve been participating in a holiday scrap challenge held each year by the infamous Ali Edwards called December Daily. The premise behind it is to capture all the holiday-ish moments throughout the month of December by creating a few pages a day. Amidst the craziness that has been my life of late, I have managed to get a few pages done. While I am not ‘caught up’ so to speak, I am very happy with the pages I’ve completed and I’ll tell you why. For some bizarre reason, over the last 16 years of scrapbooking I have only managed to put together a handful of Christmas related pages. The reason I find this bizarre is because I typically take photos during Christmas-time like I’m on vacation, we are talking hundreds of photos a week! Oddly enough inspiration rarely strikes when it comes to putting together Christmas type pages. I have recently come to love project type scrapbooks. Every Thursday you have been enjoying (at least I hope you have), my ABCs of Me feature and I think by making this December Daily album I have some parameters to work within to capture the special times of the holiday. My album may turn out to be a not-so-daily album but that’s ok, I’ve already put down to paper some cute stories and it’s reminding me to take pictures each day to capture the holiday season. Check out Ali’s blog for some inspiration, I know I want to take pictures and tell stories every time I read one of her posts. Here’s the intro page, I’ll post more as I complete them. Thanks for reading!2010 DD1a2 AEdwards_ThisIsTheDayCardstock: Atomic Cupcake, Flergs; Word Art: Sabrina’s Creations & Santa brush: Katie Pertiet

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment