Thursday, March 3, 2011

S is for…




Summer
Oh, my sweet little girl. You have brought so much joy to my life. You are sweet and kind and just plain adorable. Much like me, you are drawn to creating & are developing a love for music of all kinds. It's funny to sing along to songs on the radio with you and to hang out and have 'girl time'. You are growing up to be quite a little young lady and can hardly believe that you are 8 1/2 years old already. The time is flying by so quickly that I make sure to stop each day and smother you with hugs and kisses to try to remember when you were this little.

Scrapbooking
It is part of who I am. I love being the family memory keeper and documenting the ordinary as well as the extraordinary. For some scrapbooking is a hobby, for me it is a way of life. It keeps me grounded and sane. It helps me to remember to slow down, enjoy the moments, take pictures and make more memories. For me it is like an autobiography of sorts, as well as love letters to my family. I do enjoy the creative process, but what I love more is being able to convey the overhwelming emotions I want to share with those I love though the stories and photos. To me it's not a hobby it is therapy.

Spicy, I like it
Spicy garlic sauce, Cholula, hot sauce, chipotle in adobo, wasabi, cayenne pepper, jalapenos – some like it hot – that's me!

See also: food

Sounds, favorite
My children giggling, a soda can opening and ocean waves



This is one of many installments on the ABCs of Me's. Each week I will feature a different letter of the alphabet and a few corresponding entries on yours truly. This project was inspired by a class I took at Big Picture Classes (Me: The Abridged Version) which was based on a book called Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment