Thursday, January 20, 2011

M is for…




Movies
Favorites: Happy Gilmore, Harry Potter (All), The Wedding Singer, How to Lose a Guy in 10 days, Sweet Home Alabama, and anything with Nicolas Cage, Matthew McConnaughey or Adam Sandler. The first two are strictly for eye candy's sake. But the latter deserves some explanation. My brother first introduced me to the hilarity that is Adam Sandler. Now I will say I don't like 100% of his stuff, but the stuff I do like, I really, really, like. Fortunately, that is one of things Keith and I have in common. We both LOVE certain Adam Sandler movies. For example, Happy Gilmore is one of the funniest movies I think I've ever seen. I'm not a golf fan by any means but somehow he makes it hysterical to watch. My favorite line in the movie is when he shows up at the Waterbury Open dressed in sweatpants, a hockey jersey and work boots amidst a sea of polo shirts and plaid shorts. His coach says "Thanks for dressing up" and he points to the guy in front of him and says "Hey, if I dressed like that I'd have to kick my own @ss." It's so funny! We usually watch at least one of his movies every week. We have watched them so many times that we've made a deal not to watch them with anyone else because we like to recite the lines while watching the movies and typically laugh uncontrollably before the funny parts because we know they are coming. The perfect cure to a bad or stressful day is most definitely Happy Gilmore or The Wedding Singer. I caught a family channel showing of The Water Boy which bleeped out the bad words so we get to enjoy that one with our kids, they also enjoy his movie Bedtime Stories. I'm happy they now share our love of the twisted Sandler sense of humor.
See also: inside jokes

This is one of many installments on the ABCs of Me's. Each week I will feature a different letter of the alphabet and a few corresponding entries on yours truly. This project was inspired by a class I took at Big Picture Classes (Me: The Abridged Version) which was based on a book called Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment