Saturday, January 15, 2011

December Daily: Day 17

The making of the “Man Cave”. For Christmas I repurposed my husband’s office (since he no longer works at home) and made it into an escape for him. It’s been so frustrating for all of us when, at the end of a long day, he just wants to chill in front of the TV and I’m still trying to wrap up homework with the kids. They are easily distracted and our living room TV is in direct view of their ‘homework spot’. Now they can concentrate, and he can relax and I don’t have to feel guilty about telling him to turn off the TV. It’s a total win-win situation!

2010 DD Day 17 2 pg

Check out the before and after video! Since we spent the holidays away from home, I had to show him this video to show him what his present was. He was even more floored when we came home and he got to see it in person. Now I have to make appointments to see him!

 

Journaling reads:

Keith works so hard to take care of all of us that I wanted to make sure he had a special Christmas present so he knows how much he is appreciated. I made him a “Man Cave” complete with recliner, TV & a mini-fridge! It turned this drab office into a place for him to escape and relax either to study or to chill out. Either way he deserves it!

Supplies: Cardstock: Atomic Cupcake, Template and Overlays: Ali Edwards, Library Card: Katie Pertiet

No comments:

Post a Comment