Thursday, January 27, 2011

N is for…




Nicknames
I have many, Keith has given me quite a few of them: Night owl, sleepyhead, nose like a bloodhound, walking phone book, damn Yankee and Snork. My maiden name was Ohsiek, I'm proud to be one but so happy I have a new name that is easy to spell and pronounce. Our family nickname is the 'Happy Harringtons'. Our answering machine for the longest time, recorded by me and the two kids was "Thanks for calling the Happy Harrington, if the sun is out so are we, leave a message."
See also: zzz's, gotta have 'em

New Yorker, I am a
I was born and raised on Long Island, in NY and even though I've lived in Virginia 3 separate times for a combined total of over 12 years I still consider myself a New Yorker and 'from NY'. I don't know if I will ever actually will live there again but anything is possible and I have definitely learned to never say never.

Neighborhood
I love where we live right now. There are 23 kids that live on our block alone, a cozy cul-de-sac of activity. On any given day there are many kids playing out front, riding bikes & skateboards, playing in the park and writing on pavement with chalk – the kids couldn't be happier and so are we.
See also: homes

Numbers
Love numbers and doing math in my head for fun. Weird, I know.



This is one of many installments on the ABCs of Me's. Each week I will feature a different letter of the alphabet and a few corresponding entries on yours truly. This project was inspired by a class I took at Big Picture Classes (Me: The Abridged Version) which was based on a book called Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment