Thursday, February 3, 2011

O is for…




Occupations I've had
My very first job in high school was at the public library. I then worked for a temp agency for all of my college breaks. My first real job was at Computer Associates in the Acquisitions Department at a whopping $18,000 per year, eventually moving to the Collections Department. When we moved to Virginia Beach I worked as an office manager for a computer hardware company, then as a Marketing Assistant for a newspaper, and later promoted to an Online Sales Rep. After getting pregnant with Bryce, I quit the newspaper job and started my own bookkeeping business in order to stay at home with him. When he was one, we moved back to NY and opened our business and did that for 7 ½ years. My first job back in "corporate America" was as a Center Director in a Huntington Learning Center. Seven months later I was promoted to Operations Manager; did that for a year and then moved to the Franchise Sales Department and did that for a year. I changed companies and did Franchise Sales for Rita's Water Ice for a year until I was laid off due to the recession. I tended to stay at least a few years at each company as this paragraph represents a 20 year work history.
See also: professional heart attack

Overweight
I went on my first "official" diet right before our wedding. That was the beginning of the end. I often think if I had just embraced that weight and maintained it all these years I would've been much better off. I suppose that's why they say "hindsight is 20/20". I would love to look like this again.
See also: chocolate, food



This is one of many installments on the ABCs of Me's. Each week I will feature a different letter of the alphabet and a few corresponding entries on yours truly. This project was inspired by a class I took at Big Picture Classes (Me: The Abridged Version) which was based on a book called Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment