Thursday, February 10, 2011

P is for…


MeTAV 16 p Right

Professional Heart Attack
When I got laid off in January of 2009 I was devastated. I had always been a working professional and had no idea what the future was going to hold for me. After going on an interview in Philadelphia, I most certainly received a 'sign' as to whether or not I should take the job. One of my main concerns was that I would have to travel too much. The job would definitely involve some travel. I had made many uneventful trips on Amtrak from here to NY to see my parents as well as trips from here to NJ for my previous employer. However on this trip there was a serious delay and it was uncertain if I was going to be able to get home that day. I knew then and there that the universe was telling me there had to be another way. Keith and I decided I would be a stay-at-home-mom and that's been working out fabulously!
See also: What I Know for Sure, unconditional love

Puns and other fun
I find wordplay amusing, from puns and palindromes, to analogies, and my favorite: alliteration. Who would have known that those things I was forced to learn in seventh grade would be part of my everyday?

Perfectionist, sometimes
I enjoy crafting on the computer because I can get things exactly the way I want them. I sometimes do crafty projects old-style and get frustrated when I can't get things to line up perfectly or when the adhesive doesn't do it's job. My Dad is a perfectionist, so I guess I got it from him – thanks Dad {sigh}.
See also: scrapbooking

This is one of many installments on the ABCs of Me's. Each week I will feature a different letter of the alphabet and a few corresponding entries on yours truly. This project was inspired by a class I took at Big Picture Classes (Me: The Abridged Version) which was based on a book called Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment