Tuesday, April 12, 2011

No more boring email invitations

I decided to step it up a bit for the upcoming Easter holiday and instead of just sending an email out to my in-laws to invite them for dinner, I actually made cute invitations.
2011 04 05_0777They only took about an hour from start to finish and look positively adorable. The reaction from the recipients was egg-actly what I was ‘hopping’ for. {I’m so punny, I know – ha ha}
2011 04 05_0766 JoAnn’s was having a sale on Easter items. So I got the large plastic eggs and the treat bags for 50% off. I then just used some cardstock and ribbon I had at home. I stamped the butterfly images and then handwrote the invitation using a colored pencil. The inks and stamps are from Stampin’ Up! , the stamps are from the Flutter By collection.
2011 04 05_0767

After opening the invitation my sister-in-law said “these invitations are too cute to possibly say no to!” I’ll have to think of other uses for these lumpy-type invitations when I really need to rally the troops – perhaps when my house needs painting! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment