Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Sweetness of Snuggling

This morning, like many recent mornings because of the excess of snow and lack of school, I had the distinct pleasure of snuggling with my two favorite little 'ladies'. My DD is 7 and our DP {Darling Puppy, named Lady btw} is 21 pounds of snuggly, licky fun. She is a dachshund-beagle mix and has snuggled and licked her way into our hearts ever since we rescued her just 5 short months ago. I just had to mention how lucky I am to be married to a man who is willing to work two jobs in order for me to have the maximum amount of time with my kids during these formative years.  I am one lucky girl! To top it off, during above mentioned snuggling, my DD looks at me and says "I'm so lucky that God picked you to be my Mom". So, in true Mom fashion, I nuzzle my nose into her baby shampoo smelling hair and cry tears of joy. It is certainly a good day to be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment