Monday, February 1, 2010

Not so fast, please

Recently, during a playdate, Summer & her friend Jillian decided to play with make up. I gave them the ok as long as we could wash it off before we had to leave the house. Both girls had a blast applying lip gloss, blush and eyeshadow and surprisingly we did not end up with crazy looking clowns. What we did end up with however is a flash into the future, as I looked at my daughter's face I could see her growing up right before my eyes. Gone are the chubby, baby cheeks and the baby teeth. Her piercing blue eyes have, of course, remained but now they are surrounded by the face and curiosity of an elementary school girl trying to be fashionably girlie yet somehow still a tom-boy. I was able to capture the perfect picture as she looked up at me beneath the beautiful blonde locks and her dreamily long eye lashes. My little girl, my pretty girl - oh, how I wish you could stay this age forever, don't be in a hurry to grow up, at least not so fast, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment