Thursday, February 11, 2010

Dad Survived a Heart Attack (2 years ago)

Written two years ago but never posted:

Last Tuesday was the scariest day in my life. At noon, my sister called to tell me my father had a heart attack. For the first time ever, I didn't know what to do. I'm usually the organizer, the planner, the control freak ~ but I was dumb-founded it was so unexpected. Fortunately, my sweet husband took over and got all the kids and pets organized and we jumped in the car on our way up north. Because I was the furthest away, my other siblings got there before me and I wasn't able to make it back home until after visiting hours were over. My heart sank when the clock struck 9pm, knowing the nurses wouldn't let me in to see my Dad. Although I had been reassured by my other family members that he was OK, I just really needed to physically see him to know that was true.

Here is a layout I created a few months ago to show how we are so glad he is still with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment