Friday, February 19, 2010

Do you have a monkey?

This is a question I've been asked more than once at the grocery store. You see, both of my boys are avid health shake drinkers (so we go through 6-8 pounds of bananas per week). No need to scroll down through my posts to see if I forgot to mention another son, I still only have one boy and one girl, but as you'll recall, I also have a husband. My mother, just days before my wedding, gave me the best piece of marital advice, she said "always remember that your husband is your oldest child". At the time I laughed, listening but not really understanding, however now I totally get it. Hence, the "my boys" comment.

My darling hubby is seriously a kid at heart - sometimes it's endearing, sometimes it's infuriating, but it all washes out. In fact, when we first moved into one of our old neighborhoods, the kids told he and my son to "go ask your mother" if they could play - and they meant me!! Now, keep in mind I am 17 months older than him, but it's not as if I'm a gray hair and he's a young chippee - it was totally behavior based :-) So you see, sometimes I feel married, sometimes I feel like I have three children instead of two, and well, sometimes I just feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of monkeys!

Resulting scrapbook page:

No comments:

Post a Comment