Sunday, March 14, 2010

Breakfast didn't forget me today

Just last night I went to bed thinking how lucky I was to be able to be home with my kids and take care of my family. Then the mathematical part of my brain went to work as it usually does. These are the calculations that ran through my head... for the last month, with the exception of some weekend days, I have been able to bless each of my family members with at least 21 breakfasts, 21 lunches and 29 dinners. Almost every day I am the 6th 'person' to eat breakfast, that is if I remember to eat breakfast! By the time it is my turn there have already been breakfast and lunch shakes for both Bryce & Keith. It's typically cereal for Summer, puppy chow for Lady and a sprinkle of flakes for the fish. I do this each and every day with a sense of wonderment at how my life has turned out (granted I would rather not have the first meal call at 6:30 am but there's nothing I can do about that :-) Then much to my surprise, my sweet husband (who works two jobs to allow me this luxury) and my darling daughter brought ME breakfast in bed complete with a hot cup of coffee just the way I like it. What a way to start the day! I suppose I won't forget to eat breakfast today.

No comments:

Post a Comment