Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just call me peg leg...

Every morning for the past two weeks, I've been gimping around for the first hour or so in the morning. My right heel has been hurting pretty bad. It wasn't to the point of being in screaming pain, but enough to be terribly annoying. After practically falling down yesterday when getting out of bed, I figured I'd better do something about it and quick. So, I went to the doctor today to confirm my suspicions, and I apparently have plantar fasciitis. It is basically an inflammation in the heel pad. Just in case you were wondering, it kind of feels like there's a big elastic band going from the back of your heel to the middle of the bottom of your foot that won't let you stretch it like it should. And by the way, yes it does hurt, and not only when you stand on it. The worst part is in the morning. This 42 year old bladder wakes up way before this bum foot is ready to make a mad-dash for the bathroom!

Nothing really to write home about, but it seems my body keeps sending me little signals to remind me I'm getting older (as if those tiny growing crow's feet aren't indication enough). I'm totally ok with the increasing number associated with my birthday, but I am not ok with feeling like I'm twice my age. So here I sit, icing my heel, trying to freeze the fasciitis away. Wish me luck, and if you see someone walking around the neighborhood looking like a pirate, don't worry, that's just me. However if you see me with a parrot and an eye patch....well, that's for another day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment