Friday, April 24, 2015

Disney suitcase mini book

My parents are huge Disney fans. They go every year, and this year was no different. When I saw all the cute pictures my mother was posting on Facebook, I knew I had to do something with them. I have access to all of my Mom's phone photos based on a automated backup system I set up for her on her phone to Dropbox. Since this handful of photos were the ones that she posted, I knew they must be the favorites.

I started by downloading the photos from Facebook and saving them into their own folder. Then I measured this adorable little Disney suitcase gift card holder I had purchased days before "just in case".

Using the measurements, I created blank canvas in PSE and created photo boxes using the dimensions for the planned photos.  I printed a bunch onto each page. 


Using my handy dandy paper cutter, I cut each column to the correct size. Once all the pictures were ready, I placed them in the order I wanted for the book. 


Then I used this awesome sparkle, glitter tape to adhere each page back to back. When all pairs of photos were adhered together, then I ran a larger piece of the glitter tape down the side of the hole stack, like a book binding, and finished it off.


It took less than an hour and my parents absolutely loved it. My Mom loved that it is small enough to carry in her purse to peruse or share whenever she feels like it!



No comments:

Post a Comment