Friday, October 31, 2014

WITL 2014 - Tuesday 10/28: The Stories & Photos

Welcome to Tuesday. This morning Keith's alarm woke me up at 6:30am. Ugh. I love that I can just rollover and go back to sleep though. He was kind enough to participate in this journey and sent me the photo of his office this morning.
Summer wasn't feeling 100% just yet so I let her stay home again. She hasn't missed any days so far this school year so I figured better safe than sorry. I downloaded a kindle book on Missy Franklin for Summer to read and she loves it! Why wouldn't my swimmer girl love it?

Laundry is piling up. I usually do a load every day but I've been slacking lately. Just kinda forgot that the laundry doesn't do itself! Luckily, since I'm working from home again today I can work in my PJs for the morning.

It's chilly today. One of the perks of working from home is being able to take a hot shower during my lunch break. Perfect for a day like today! My company is celebrating it's 20th anniversary this month so I took a few moments to call in a catering order for the party we have planned for Thursday.
I've been doing the Medifast program since March and I've lost over 60 pounds so far. The pre-packaged food is pretty good and it simplifies the whole dieting thing. Luckily, Keith has joined me on this quest. It makes it easier having someone else in the household eating like me. They just came out with potato chips. I am a potato chip fiend and I'm thrilled that I can have some each day for a snack attack and still stay on plan!
Since we didn't have to scoot out for practice early, we actually got to have a weekday family dinner. We eat pretty simply. Tonight was grilled teriyaki chicken with broccoli and a salad.  Keith was nice enough to do the grilling to let me finish up a work project and then, as a bonus, he cleaned the kitchen. Have I mentioned that I love this guy?
After dinner, Summer had to finish reading the book Rikki Tikki Tavi for English in order to take a quiz the next day. I joined Bryce down in his man cave to work on finishing up college applications. We had a very productive evening and managed to get 4 out of 5 applications submitted. And, they're early! Can I get a woot, woot?!

The kitchen table is the catch all, for after school and after swim stuff...

Last season, Summer injured her shoulder and is still not fully recovered enough to do the Butterfly. She is doing physical therapy at home in order to strengthen it enough in order to be able to do all four strokes again. She really misses it and wants to get back to it badly.

After dinner, Keith and I took Lady for a two mile walk. My friend Janis called to check on Summer since she wasn't at practice. When we got home from our walk, I continued working on the giant pile of laundry and then enjoyed some guilt free Pinterest browsing and TV viewing (watched Revenge and Last Man Standing). I stayed up a little too late and didn't get to bed until 11:30. Definitely not conducive for getting up at a reasonable time tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment