Thursday, March 1, 2012

February 2012 Roundup

  1. What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
    Creating Keepsakes, and some books regarding medical stuff going on in our family . I also signed up for a Big Picture Classes workshop with Cathy Zielske called Ten Tips for Better Type.
  2. What movies, television shows, plays, etc. did I watch this month?
    Friends with Benefits & One Day with my friend Diane; Radio Rebel with Summer, Keith was sweet and watched Mr. Popper’s Penguins with Summer. While she was sick I rented her a bunch of movies to watch: A Dolphin Tale, Treasure Buddies & Monte Carlo. She sure is a movie lover. On our Valentine’s Date, Keith and I saw Contraband. I started listening to Paperclipping Roundtable Podcasts again during my commute. I had forgotten how much I enjoy them. Although we’re not big sports fans we did make a point of watching the Super Bowl with some friends. As a former New Yorker, I have to say I was pretty excited that the Giants won!
  3. What fun things did I do with my family and/or friends?
    Diane, my college buddy, came down from Saturday morning to Sunday evening and we spent the majority of that time relaxing, eating, looking at college photos and watching chick flicks. I enjoyed a Ladies Spa Day at my friend Katherine’s house one fabulous Wednesday.
  4. What gifts did I give and/or receive?

    2012-02-12_15-42-03_267_edited-1Got Keith a brand new BBQ for his birthday. Keith took me out to dinner and a movie for Valentine’s Day (planned it all himself and even got a sitter). Got Bryce some special snacks to take with him since I wouldn’t actually see him on Valentine’s Day. He loved his heart shaped Butterfinger treats.

    2012-02-14_08-14-50_297
    For Summer her surprise was a heart shaped box of chocolates waiting in her breakfast spot.
  5. What special or unusual purchases did I make?
    Took advantage of the Designer Digital’s sale and picked up some things on my wish list for a sweet discount. Also I finally got to restock my Becky Higgins’ Project Life pocket pages and dividers. Took Bryce to Lowe’s to buy PVC piping and various other things for a project he decided he wanted to do. Also, bought paint and supplies to paint Summer’s rooom. Although, I’m not quite sure when that will actually happen {sigh}.
  6. What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
    Bryce was able to survive a major cold and continue to work at the capitol. Summer had strep throat with a horrific headache. We are currently awaiting an appointment to get a CT scan of her head as well as another appointment with a neurologist in early March. These headaches just won’t go away and our family has a history of migraines.
  7. What were my accomplishments this month?
    Started working full time again for the first time in three years. Still managing to keep the house halfway decent despite having way less time to do so.
  8. What were my disappointments this month?
    Since I started working full time I haven’t made time to go to the gym and I miss hanging out with my friends (they miss me too). I plan on working the gym back into my schedule as well as making sure I make time to see the girls more regularly.
  9. How did I do on my goals for the month? (Or any current short or long term goals)  While very thankful to have my wonderful new job, it certainly took center stage this month. Not much progress was made in any other area. I hope to have a different story to report next month.
  10. Anything else noteworthy to include? So happy to have a paycheck and REAL medical insurance again. And, it doesn’t hurt that I love my new job!
This post inspired by Katie

.

No comments:

Post a Comment