Friday, December 16, 2011

Life in the blogosphere

Why is it that I know what this woman’s children eat for breakfast, what kind of pajamas they wear on Christmas and where she goes on vacation but I’ve never actually met her? The simple answer is: I read her blog. I didn’t realize until this morning how much I rely on the normalcy of other peoples’ lives through their blogs as part of my own daily life. Each day, rather than reading the newspaper, I check on two of my favorite scrapbooking gals’ blogs. Miss Cathy Z is always good for a good laugh and some awesomely clean and simple designs. I thoroughly enjoyed her class, Me: The Abridged Version, you can see here the fun I had with that. Ali never ceases to amaze me in keeping up with her Project Life on a timely basis as well as several other major projects throughout the year, such as December Daily and Week in the Life. I love how they are both so open and honest about the everyday things in their life. You can see my Project Life, December Daily and Week in the Life projects here (I actually have a full week documented on the Week in the Life project that I just realized I never posted, I’ll get to that soon).

I was surprised at my reaction this morning when I read Ali’s post that she and her husband are divorcing. Again, I’ve never met her in person, but she has inspired me to do so many things with my scrapbooks that I feel connected to her in some strange way. It makes me sad for her kids that their lives’ are going to be changed in so many ways and it makes me feel just a little bit luckier today that all is good on my side of the world.

2011-10-15_16-50-02_619

No comments:

Post a Comment