Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy December, I'm still here

It's been a while... things have been a little crazy around here. I'll post more details as things settle down but here's a list of why I haven't been here:

#1. My best friend's father died and it's really just been hard.
#2. My son had a skateboarding accident and sustained a head injury - he's on the mend now, but it was scary for a bit
#3. Another friend's father died and my heart is breaking for my two friends (and feeling selfish each time I hug my own Dad)
#4. My sister's 33 year old brother in law died unexpectedly the week before Thanksgiving.
#5. I've driven 2200 miles up and down I-95 in the past 6 weeks mostly for funerals

Trying to come out of my funk and stop crying at the drop of a hat. Wishing there was something I could do to make my friends and family feel better about their recent losses but knowing nothing I can say will take away the pain.

I just felt like I had to acknowledge my absence and get a few of these things written out to help myself move forward too.

No comments:

Post a Comment