Thursday, December 1, 2016

'Tis the Season

This is certainly a special time of year. I start getting that holiday twinge sometime before Thanksgiving as I begin my holiday preparations. Although I'm not a fan of Christmas decorations and Christmas music being displayed or played in stores before Thanksgiving, once the turkey is out of the oven all bets are off.

This year we decorated the day after Turkey Day. After recovering from a lovely tryptophan-induced food coma, we tricked out the house, inside and out, in St. Nick style. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, twinkly lights adorned the porch and the white Christmas lights on the tree made the family room glow just right. I love this time of year. Sure there's some crazy hustle bustle that goes on, but mostly it's about getting together with family and spoiling the ones you love.

Trying to remember to put a surprise adventure or treat in our family advent calendar will not be an easy feat this year with two teenagers to please but I believe I'm up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment