Monday, August 9, 2010

Paperclipping Digi Show

Posted at paperclipping.com about the Paperclipping Roundtable and the Paperclipping Digi Show.

"I have to say, aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, and thank you. It is so wonderful to have a place to tune in to listen to other people who love scrapbooking as much as I do.  I've listened to the first 13 of the roundtable and am eagerly awaiting the next digi episode as I've caught up on all of those. I just found you two weeks ago and have become happily and completely addicted to both shows. Halfway into the first show I knew I had to make a deal with myself about this new addiction or I would've plopped myself in my studio to listen to every show while scrapbooking leaving my family to fend for themselves. So again, another thank you to you as I have walked through every episode racking up over 70 miles in the past two weeks!

I adore the tangential nature of both shows, particularly the hilarious interactions that Izzy instigates. I'm often laughing out loud as I walk and consequently some of my neighbors probably think I'm crazy - LOL. The Digi Show was such a natural progression of the show and as a digi scrapper I am soooo excited about that! I started paper scrapping in 1994 and have all the gadgets and totes to prove the beginning of my obsession (they've been passed on to my 8yoDD who is just getting started), I started what would now be called hybrid scrapping in 1997 when my son was born and then switched to 100% digi in 2003 after my daughter was born. My love of set up/ and clean up ease was the original motivation for the switch. There are so many reasons why I continue, most of which have been addressed on the show already. 

My product pick is a website for the newest thing I've been doing in scrapbooking for the last year and a half (and what Izzy has termed 'motion scrapbooking') The website is Smilebox.com. We can upload pictures and video clips and combine them in an animated slideshow of sorts. The designs and ease of use make it a wonderfully quick solution for sharing both everyday and special memories across the miles. I've even taught my 62 year old (non-techie) Mom to use it and she loves it too! It gives me such joy to share the love of scrapbooking in whatever way I can.

In order to give you an idea of what I do scrapbook-wise... I blog, I share things on facebook, I post on galleries at BPS, I Smilebox regularly (since my parents live almost 400 miles away and my sister is overseas), I email pictures and layouts and make photobooks and mini books and cards and gift albums and special stuff for my walls, and I could go on and on - anything I can do with pictures and my laptop are all game!

A new project I'm working on is scanning my memorabilia and snippets from our everyday lives to include in our scrapbooks, you all have given out some great recommendations, so perhaps you could recommend a scanner?
By the way, it was so awesome to hear my industry faves Stacy Julian and Ali Edwards already on your shows.

Keep up the great work, you guys make me smile on a regular basis and I just might have to include you in a future layout! If there are ever any more opportunities for a 'regular' digi scrapper on your show I'd love to be considered :-) Sorry I have a tendency to ramble I'm just so excited I had to let it all out. Can't wait til the next episode, thanks for doing what you do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment